Prior to starting Connection Community Church, Kari and Alan Jones recognized the need for a new faith community because of the growing population in Middletown, Delaware.
For six months, they were on staff at Cornerstone Church with the responsibility of casting the vision for this new faith community. Fourteen families shared the vision and Connection Community Church held its first service on Christmas Eve in 2001. Today the church has three Sunday services – 8:30, 9:45 and 11am- in a renovated former bowling alley in downtown Middletown, across the street from the fire station. The building has undergone several renovations as the congregation and its needs have grown from 14 families to about 200.
For more information about Kari and Alan and the rest of our staff and volunteer teams, please visit our Staff page.
Our Core Values
The core values of Connection Community Church are not just ideals or goals toward which we all strive, but the real preferences and choices that we actually make in daily life. These choices are both deliberate and carefully considered, as well as spontaneous.
- Christ-Centered Living
- Giving God our Best
- The Celebration of Life
- Sharing – Caring – Daring
- Love – Honor – Humility
- Joy and Laughter
- Grace and Forgiveness
- Compassion and Tears
- Fidelity in Marriage; Celibacy in Singleness
- Integrity and Accountability
- Commitment and Trust
- Passion and Transformation
The To-Do List is a concise action plan of what Jesus has called us to do. Through the To-Do List, Connection Community Church becomes the hands and feet and the voice and ears of Jesus, both in the church and in the world.
- Go everywhere and share the Good News to all creation.
- Make disciples, baptizing them in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- Feed my sheep.
- Love the Lord with all you’ve got, and love your neighbor as yourself.
- Eat this bread and drink this cup in remembrance of me.
(1 Corinthians 11:24-25)
- Let everything with breath praise the Lord.
- Do not be anxious about anything; pray about everything.
- Welcome the stranger; you may be entertaining angels without knowing it.
Connection Community Church’s Bedrock Beliefs are the principles and symbols of faith which matter most in our daily lives. It is to these beliefs that we turn in times of crisis and to decide how to use our time and energy.
- In the Beginning, God Created…and It Was Good
(Genesis 1:1, 31)
- All People Matter to God
(2 Peter 3:9)
- All Things are Possible with God
- Through Faith, Mountains Can Move
- God Loved Us So Much That He Sacrificed His Son, That We Might Live
- Jesus is the Way, The Truth, and The Life
- Through Christ We Are Made Brand New
(2 Corinthians 5:17)
- The Holy Spirit is Your Guide
- All Scripture is God-Breathed
(2 Timothy 3:16)
- God’s Grace is Sufficient
(2 Corinthians 12:9)